Thursday, September 30, 2010

Update to Mother's Instinct

Well, I took my son in to get his blood work done after a week of no improvement.  In fact, he kind of went downhill: didn't want to eat, threw up on Tuesday and Thursday (distended stomach and awful gas pains included), constipation... yeah.

Monday (of this week), he seemed to be doing better.  Had a GI appointment on Tuesday, and yesterday we performed a clean-out on him (2nd time we've had to do this.  Yay for constipation.)  He is also on a dairy-free diet (as mentioned in the previous post.).

ANYWAY, today I get a call from B's pediatrician.  Turns out his thyroid levels are a "bit high", which could be caused by him being sick or from hyperthyroidism.  So, to be safe, the doctor wants B to see a pediatric endocrinologist.  He has an appointment on Tuesday.

Am I glad I listened to myself when I just felt like something was wrong with my boy?

Heck yes.

Thanks for reading; I don't mean to hog the blogosphere.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You are not hogging. I was actually curious. I hope they get to the bottom of the problem so you can have your little boy back!

Keep us updated!

Maura said...

Yes. keep us updated. And I agree you are not a blog hog....what if someone else's child has the same symtoms..they would be grateful for the updates. :)