Saturday, October 16, 2010

How to protect your crib!

You read that right, it's how to protect your crib, not your child. My parenting book never told me just what a kid could do to your precious, $200 crib once they learned how to pull themselves up.

This is what happened to my crib:

Thank heavens it wasn't lead paint, right? Still I was devastated. So now I had to find some way to cover the horrible bite marks. I looked online and crib rail covers were like $20 or more! I thought, "there's no way I'm paying that much." (I'm a frugal/cheap-skate!)

So I decided to make some. I picked out the fabric, made my own pattern from looking at the ones online, and sewed them for at least half the money. Now I'm not embarrassed for people to see Kaleb's crib and I don't have to worry about any more biting (although he's long over that now).



Moral of the story: if you don't have something like this yet on your crib, buy/make them before it's too late!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

And it looks really, really cute! I love that you did this. I still haven't done it for Seth's crib, and now I'm afraid to look on the inside for fear of what I might find! You know how he is with chewing.

Nicole said...

I need to do this for my crib. My kids seem to be gnawing babies...

Dena said...

Fabulous idea! Thank you so much for sharing!