Thursday, May 26, 2011

Play groups

Now that summer is (almost) here, a lot of us are finding our way to the park to outside to enjoy the sun. In my little neighborhood, a few of us like to take our kids and walk to the park. We do a few laps around the park, then we let the kids play for a while. That's what we do for social interaction and exercise.

Some moms have successful play groups and play dates. I'd like to know all about those.

Do you have them scheduled weekly? Do you call and set them up whenever you want to play? Do you have snacks and games or just let the kids play? Do you rotate houses?

Come on. Give me the goods.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A friend of mine organizes a playgroup once a week for our church. During the school year a small group of us had a coop preschool where we would rotate homes and learn a new letter of the alphabet each week.

Now that summer is here, I have compiled a list of all the activities and adventures that I want to experience with my kids over the summer. A few friends of mine and I will be having a regular, weekly playgroup. We will be doing one activity or adventure a week.

Some of my activities are things like pool days, nature walks, hiking, museums, art galleries, science and discovery museums, the beach, and general exploring.

Nicole said...

I've never really participated in organized play groups. I've just gotten together with friends and their lil ones and just had fun.