Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vitamins

My son loves vitamins. And I can see why. They look and taste like fruit snacks! They have come such a long way with vitamins. Back in the day, vitamins were to children like vitamins are to adults: something you have to swallow through (literally). Then they came out with the chewy kind (loved those as a kid) and now they're gummies!

Our favorite:
(And yes, you may have noticed that behind my son's vitamin bottle is a box of Girl Scout thin mints. He may think vitamins are a treat, but I know the truth.)

I seriously find myself acting like these are a treat because to my son, they are. So when he asks for a vitamin, I say, "Not until you finish eating your corn dog." Yeah it might seem like I have my priorities mixed up, but my son is lacking in the protein department and will use vitamins as an incentive to eat some types of protein (he still absolutely hates chicken... unless it's chicken nuggets). It makes me just want to hug that vitamin bottle. Okay, not really.

What about your kids? What kind of vitamins do they like?

5 comments:

Kimi said...

My daughter (almost 2) will only take the gummy vitamins. My son will take any kind, so he's 'stuck' taking the CVS brand regular kind (the ones that are kind of chalky). He likes them, so more power to him.

Unknown said...

We do the gummy vites here too. Love those things. I haven't tried other brands out there, but if what you have works, I say make it happen that way. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and I love the GS Thin Mints too. :) Wish they were vitamins! But then I'd probably overdose...haha

Maura said...

We like the gummy vitamins too. I use them as incentives as well. They have to fold their clothes or clean up the crayons before they can get the treat. :)

I am having a hard time swallowing big pills so I take two of them for my daily vitamins....they're a life saver (taste like one too).

Unknown said...

I really love the idea of gummy vitamins. They're definitely good for children. Thanks for sharing. Stay healthy always; take Lorna Vanderhaeghe.