Monday, February 28, 2011

When Do You Shower?

This is a question that I have been asked repeatedly by new mothers.  Especially by new mothers of two.  Why do they ask me when I shower?  It's because I look so amazing every day.  I straighten my hair, brush my teeth, and apply makeup every single day.  It doesn't matter if it's raining or shining outside, the makeup is going on and the hair is getting done.  So, when do I shower?

At night. 

I shower at night.  There are many reasons why I do this, but the main one is that I simply cannot bring myself to get out of bed at 5:00am just to shower.  If I didn't shower at night, I wouldn't shower at all, and nobody wants that to happen.  So I am left with the evening hours after my kids are asleep.  I shower when I am getting ready for bed.  My hair is dry when I wake up, and it only takes a few minutes to toss on some clothes, slap on some makeup, and yank a straight iron through my hair.  Presto!  I'm ready in twenty minutes flat.  I look good enough to go to the store, to playgroup, on a lunch date with my hubby, or to just sit at home and wait for the mail to come. 

So my question for all of you ladies is:  When do you shower?

6 comments:

Kimi said...

I do what you do for the same reasons! I think my kids would destroy the apartment in record time if I showered in the morning; morning showers for me happen on Saturdays and Sundays when the hubby is home to monitor the kids.

Deborah said...

I shower when S naps. I only have one though, so that's convenient. I have a hard time showering at night because I get funky bed-head that not straightener or curling iron will even touch. Sometimes it's managable if I attacke it with a spray bottle, but mostly I just prefer not to take showers at night. That might change if I have more children, but you never know.

PJ and Annie said...

I'm currently only a mother to one, so I shower during nap time or put my kid in front of her favorite show with a treat and shower as fast as possible!

Kadie said...

I also suffer from uncontrollable hair in the morning if I were to shower at night. Plus, showering helps to wake me up! I'm SO not a morning person and I live with a husband and kid who are!

So I also throw my kid in front of his favorite show or I make him swear he'll be good while I shower. Yeah, that doesn't always work...

Maura said...

I shower at night. I have three school age gals to get ready in the morning and currently a wicked case of morning sickness..so nights seem to be better and more relaxing. :)

crazymom said...

I have four kids and a couple of daycare kids and find it hard to find showers myself. I have recently started a new routine that is working wonderfully. I put my baby (1 year old) down for a nap right after lunch. Then everyone that is left lays on the couch or recliners while I do an exercise video. Usually an hour. By this time they have all been so board, they are all asleep. Then, I put a movie on (the only time the TV comes on during the day) in case anyone wakes, and jump in the shower. The exercise video is the only way my 3 year old will fall asleep so it really has encouraged me to exercise. I love it.